Sunday, September 11, 2011

Miss America 2011

On the anniversary of 9-11, I cannot help but think of what America means to me. For the past two years, I have lived abroad. I consider many things about the America of my youth, and the post 9-11 America.
I miss America.
There are many freedoms in America.
I hear many comments from people outside of America. They question America. What is it all about? The details are not so important.
Where ever I go, I am an American. I carry the freedom inside me. The ability to choose how I will live each and every day. The ability and inclination to have an individual opinion and endeavor to make tomorrow a better day, to change and grow.
There are many voices, people with varying opinions and backgrounds who are Americans.
An American can get up each morning and decide exactly what he or she wishes to be. It is a great thing, Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment