Saturday, February 27, 2016

24 Hour Hotline Disabled Persons Protection Commission to Report Abuse or Neglect

I guess they don't mean 24 Hours In A Row! Because you can't reach them by telephone. Seriously. I'm quite discouraged by the experiences and interactions with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It's disappointing. I contacted a Foundation that provides assistance to people with disabling conditions and asked about resources to help my cousin with issues. The Foundation Resource Representative explained to me that what I was describing was that my cousin was 'severely mistreated' and I should call and report it. I searched on the words, 'severely mistreated' and 'disabled' and 'Massachusetts' and found the Disabled Persons Protection Commission DPPC with a 24 Hour Hotline to Report Abuse or Neglect. There are descriptions of abuse and neglect, how to recognize, abuse and neglect, who is mandated to report, etc. After reading a lot of stuff on the web site, I tried to contact the 24 Hour Hotline to Report Abuse or Neglect. Nobody answered. Seriously. I called back. Again, nobody answered. There's no option on the web site to report online. No online chat. The regular office number suggests calling 911 in an emergency. You have to wonder about all the calls people get at 911 if everybody refers people to call 911 because they just don't answer the phone in some other office that's supposed to be doing something that appears to be important. At least it appears to be important to the people who are disabled and who are being abused or neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment